Professional Dental Cleaning: Make your teeth stronger
And your smile more attractive
Even a conscientious home routine of brushing and flossing your teeth will not always ensure that all harmful deposits are removed. The removal of these deposits, or dental plaque, requires the skills of a professional dental hygienist in your dental practice. Our qualified dental hygienists have specialised instruments and cleaning procedures designed to thoroughly remove all traces of plaque from your teeth. In addition, they apply special preventive treatments for the protection of your teeth. This helps to effectively prevent widespread dental diseases including tooth decay and periodontitis (gum disease). With a wonderful side effect: Visible stains caused by coffee and tea, red wine, and nicotine are effectively removed by professional dental cleaning treatment.
The effects of dental plaque
Dental plaque creates ideal breeding conditions for a wide variety of bacteria. The aggressive metabolic by-products of these bacteria, which feed on the deposits, can corrode the protective tooth enamel. This makes it easy for the bacteria to penetrate the tooth and gradually destroy it from the inside. The resulting damage generally requires complex corrective treatments.
Other bacteria thriving on dental deposits tend to spread all the way into the pockets below the gum line. If these periodontal bacteria are left untreated, they can cause inflammations of the gum (gingivitis). They penetrate deeper and deeper into the supporting tooth structure, compromising the stability of your teeth. Regular professional dental cleaning treatment can help you to deprive all these harmful bacteria of the deposits they thrive on.
- The professional dental cleaning procedures offered in our dental practice are an effective complement to your home dental routine
- All dental plaque is thoroughly removed
- Professional dental cleaning effectively helps prevent decay and periodontal disease
- If you have any dental prostheses, dental cleaning ensures the best possible maintenance
- Professional dental cleaning will visibly improve the appearance of your teeth
The dental cleaning procedure step by step
Every professional dental cleaning treatment performed in our smilin“ dental practice is finely tuned to your requirements. For example, if you have a higher risk of developing tooth decay, our experienced dental hygienists will implement specialised protective measures.
Here is a summary of all individual steps professional dental cleaning involves:
- Hard dental deposits are removed with an air abrasion device (Air-Flow).
- Soft dental deposits are also removed.
- Every professional dental cleaning treatment also includes thorough cleaning of the tooth spaces.
- Thorough polishing of the surfaces of your teeth helps prevent future plaque build-up.
- Fluoride gel applied after your professional cleaning treatment helps protect your teeth against the toxins produced by bacteria.
- Finally, our dental hygienists provide you with recommendations for an effective home dental hygiene routine specifically tuned to your personal requirements.
To benefit from a professional dental cleaning treatment in our smilin“ dental practice, make an appointment now – either by phone us or by e-mail. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any more questions.